East Bay Bristol County Lacrosse Association
February 16, 2011
8pm, Sherwood Ultra Sports, Seekonk
In attendance: Matt Hayes, Dee Walton, Peter Ramsden, Michael Curry, Molly Lacerte, Michael Payton, Ted Broomhead, John Gaffney
The meeting was called to order at 8:00 pm
Approval of Last Meeting Minutes
Ted Broomhead made a motion to approve the January 17th meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Michael Curry and passed by a unanimous vote.
Treasurer’s Report – John Gaffney
· Transition of responsibilities is complete and John Gaffney is now in charge of the accounting
· John’s company donated a laptop and printer to EBBCLA
· Books are balanced through January 2011
· We have collected $1,100 of late fee revenue
· There was discussion about moving the account to a different bank with lower fees
There will be a March 1st deadline for verbal commitment of coaches to the Board for approval and submission for background checks.
Barrington Town Field Meeting Recap – Michael Curry, Ted Broomhead
· Growth of the league has caused the Town to express concern about overuse of the fields
· EBBCLA is willing to contribute cost/labor to field maintenance
· EBBCLA uses fields outside of the Town of Barrington
· EBBCLA will have the same practice schedule as last year to preserve Barrington Town fields as much as possible
Sponsorship – Michael Payton
· Michael Payton presented a draft sponsorship package to the Board to be distributed and commented on in coming days
· Discussion about what we can offer considering the use of public fields
There were requests for 5 full scholarships presented. Ted Broomhead made a motion to grant all 5 scholarship requests. The motion was seconded by Molly Lacerte and passed with a unanimous vote.
Michael Curry made a motion to adjourn the meeting. The motion was seconded by Ted Broomhead and after a unanimous vote, the meeting was adjourned at 9:45pm.
The next meeting is scheduled for 3/14/11 at the Barrington Public Library, 7pm.