East Bay Bristol County Lacrosse Association
April 11, 2011
7pm, East Bay Newspapers, Bristol
In attendance: Matt Hayes, Peter Ramsden, Michael Curry, Ted Broomhead, John Gaffney, Molly Lacerte, Dee Walton (briefly via conference)
Absent: Michael Payton
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 pm
Approval of Last Meeting Minutes
John Gaffney made a motion to approve the April 11th meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by Matt Hayes and passed by a unanimous vote.
Treasurer’s Report – John Gaffney
· Cash is strong
· Revenue and Expenses are right on budget however the timing this year is different than previous years
o The bulk of registrations came in earlier this year than previous years
o The program was basically full by the end of February with registration revenue coming in as early as December 2010.
o There was discussion to include 12/10 revenue in the report since it is part of the 2011 financials (November to November)
o Tournament fees and field usage fees for Sherwood have already been paid
· A profit and loss statement for January and March 2011 was distributed showing that overall activity is comparable to last year.
Coaching Update – Ted Broomhead, Michael Curry
· There was discussion about formalizing our agreements with paid coaches and coaching directors. We will put simple letters of agreement together to present to paid personnel.
· Meg Miller is not available until the Brown season is over at the end of April. Her compensation will be adjusted accordingly
· All coaches are in place and background checks have all passed. Ted and Michael will identify all additional assistant coaches that have been recruited and submit a list to Dee so we can do a background check.
· There was discussion about the high school volunteers. Michael and Ted will work with them and the coaches to clarify the students’ role. They are not coaches. They are team assistants.
Sponsorship – Michael Payton (absent)
· There was no report from Michael
· Peter’s efforts to solicit local sponsors were unsuccessful.
· The Jamboree is scheduled for 6/11/11
· The application for the date/location has been submitted with no response yet
· Interpret the lack of response as a lack of conflict with the date
· Dee will work on organizing the Jamboree volunteers to get them going
· Will be opening shortly
· Dee is working on putting the information packets together for each tournament
· Recent meetings have been postponed and/or cancelled
· Still do not have a complete schedule RIYLL claims that they are working on it
· Games are being scheduled a couple of weeks at a time
Molly Lacerte made a motion to adjourn the meeting. The motion was seconded by Ted BRoomheadand after a unanimous vote, the meeting was adjourned at 8:25pm.
The next meeting is scheduled for 5/16/11 at the Barrington Public Library, 7pm.