East Bay Bristol County Lacrosse Association
Meeting Minutes: October 17, 2012, 7:00 p.m., Barrington Public Library
In attendance: Julie Gaffney, John Gaffney, Carson Colmore, Andrew Macken, Bill Horn, Dee Walton, Peter Ramsden, Ted Broomhead, Molly Lacerte Brad Vaughan, Nina Robertson, Bill Fullaway
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 p.m.
Submission of Slate for New Board Members
Slate for new board members submitted by Josh Davis via letter. Ballots passed out for voting. Peter Ramsden tabulated votes. Slate approved by a unanimous vote. Ted Broomhead, Andrew Macken, Bill Horn and Bill Fullaway left meeting after vote.
Approval of Minutes from September meeting
Motion made by John Gaffney to approve September minutes. Motion seconded by Nina Robertson and approved by a unanimous vote.
- Coach Appreciation Night at Billy’s. 43 in attendance. Great feedback, good for morale and networking.
- PCA Clinic - moved to October 25th.
- Boys’ Competitive Tryouts -
- scheduled for next two weekends.
- New age groups shift how teams comprised in terms of grade level. Currently have U15 and U13 competitive teams. Might add U11 boys’ competitive team due to new age guidelines. Will get answer about U11 team from RIYLL prior to tryouts so can let parents know.
- Brad Vaughan and Mike Curry to run tryouts. Need to enforce no evaluating of own children at tryouts.
- Girls’ Competitive Program - Regional competitive program proposed by Ralph Izzi at RIYLL. 5 regions throughout state for ideally 5th/6th and 7th/8th grades. Games will be scheduled Saturday mornings so won’t conflict with club team commitments. Proposal is for an 8-game schedule over a 10-week timeline. Still need to address issue of how or if East Bay will ask girls to play rec if they make competitive team.
- Molly Lacerte made a motion for EBBCLA to participate in the RIYLL girls’ competitive league. Motion seconded by Julie Gaffney and approved by a unanimous vote.
Treasurer’s Report - John Gaffney
- Report covers January - September 2012. Finances up slightly from where they were at this time last year. Organization is incredibly healthy financially. Board should continue philosophy of being conservative and prudent with finances as we head into a new budget cycle. Sadly, that was John’s last treasurer’s report since he is stepping down from his role on the board. Luckily, his better half will remain with us.
- Opening for registration will be December 1, 2012, which is two weeks earlier than last year. EBBCLA needs to let parents know that BMS registration occurs at same time as registration for spring rec league.
- BMS has Barb Nozaki to coach 6th grade girls. Need more coaches for 7th/8th team.
- Registration rates for 2012-2013 season - question of whether to keep them the same or raise them slightly. Peter Ramsden to send a follow-up email with rate proposals.
- Format for new girls’ competitive league to be first topic at next meeting. Subcommittee meeting might be necessary before next board meeting to discuss information gathered at RIYLL meeting scheduled for October 18th.
Julie Gaffney made a motion to adjourn, Carson Colmore seconded the motion, and after a unanimous vote, the meeting was adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
The next meeting is scheduled for 7:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at Barrington Public Library.
Nina Robertson, EBBCLA Secretary, 2012